The Barony of Blatha An Oir invites you to our traditional mid-winter event on February 19th, 2022. The day’s activities will include a Swap Meet, Baronial Court, a Pot-Luck Feast, and A&S Classes and Activities. Bring your SCA-related swap meet items to sell or trade. Battery operated and enclosed flame candles and festive table decorations are encouraged. Alcoholic beverages are allowed (in period containers please). An open gaming table will be provided. Bring your tabletop games to share.
Masks are required. Bring your proof of vaccination card or a negative Covid test result within 72 hours of the date and start time of the event.
Pre-Registration is required for all attendees, adults and youth. Submit your pre-registration at: https://forms.gle/chYzjYEfReZyyu4C6
10:00 am – 4:00 pm Activities:
Backgammon Tournament hosted by Isabella de Wallingford
Swap Meet – bring your items related to life in the SCA for sale, trade, or give away.
- 1030 to 1130: Stencil Making – by the fireplace (Andromacha)
- 1030 to 1230: Intro to Acting – Chapel (Owen)
- 1130 to 1230: Bodhran – by the fireplace (Sgt. Gareth)
- 1300 to 1400: Dancing – Chapel (Rosa)
- 1300 to 1400: Making Clay Whistles – by the fireplace (Cat)
- 1400 to 1530: Styling the Basic Rectangular Tunic: 500+ Years of Fashion – by the fireplace (Caterina)
Reminder for the Chapel Classes – Food and Drink is not allowed in the chapel.
- 4:00 pm Court
- After Court – Potluck Feast
- 8:00 pm Event ends
Each adult please bring a potluck contribution to serve 8-10 people. If your food needs to be served hot, please bring it in a crock pot or other heating/serving dish. Your food must be prepared while masked and gloved, per Covid rules. The Barony will provide:•
- Roast Beef with Sauces on the side, based on period recipes.
- Homemade Yeast Rolls and Gluten-free Biscuits, served with Butter. Baked on site.
Pay at The Door:
$20 per person for adults 18 years and older, with a $5 discount for current SCA Members with a Blue Card. Free for Youth 17 and under. Please make checks payable to SCA Inc. Barony of Blatha An Oir.
No Pets. Per our site contract, service animals are welcome. Pets are not allowed.
Event Steward: Annaka Poznanska (mka Anita Taylor)
Site: Dryer Masonic Hall
306 134th St S.
Tacoma WA 98444